Tyree Powell is a former competitive swimmer who has been working in the web and app development industry since 2002, with diverse international and educational experiences included:
- 1991 - 1998: Competitive swimmer at PDR Swimming; coached by Jim Ellis, Hall of Fame Swim Coach and subject of the movie PRIDE
- 1994 - 1998: Competitive swimmer at Central High School (PA) Swim Team: Four-Year City Team Champions, Three-Year City Individual Champion
- 1998 - 2002: Competitive swimmer at Towson University (NCAA Division I); Graduated with a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Electronic Business
- 2002 - 2016: Partner at SGE Web & App Development
- 2006 - 2007: English Instructor at Shanghai Finance University, Shanghai Sports University Basketball Scout Team, Nightclub DJ, and Fashion Model in Shanghai, China
- 2008 - 2011: GED Instructor (40+ students receiving MD High School Diploma), Intro to Computers Instructor at Baltimore City Community College
- 2011 - 2014: Johns Hopkins University Academic Department Manager and Study Abroad Liaison – Managed the day-to-day operations of an academic department. Authored and designed the annual newsletter. Marketed, recruited for, and led pre-departure and arrival orientation for two China Study Abroad programs; tripling the attendance of the programs during tenure
- 2014 - 2017: Technical Project Manager at Global Design Interactive, a marketing, web and app development agency
- 2017 - Present: Enterprise Software Testing Project Manager at the University of Maryland Medical System
- Member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Incorporated
- Board Member: Hamm Camp Basketball and Life Skills Camp (PA)
- Board Member: Pass IT On – Community Technical Training and IT Solutions (MD/DC)
Born and raised in Philadelphia, Karema Akilah earned her B.S. in elementary education from Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland. She was employed by Howard County Public Schools, until she resigned to become a full time mother and home educator of The Half Dozen, the 6 children born to Karema Akilah and her husband, Ser Greene. After 20 years of marriage full of homeschooling children and assisting her husband in his many business ventures, Ser Greene succumbed to cancer in 2016. She was faced with a choice; disrupt the family further by placing the children in school and finding employment, or taking what she gleaned from her husband and striking into the entrepreneur world. She chose to honor the last conversation she had with her husband the day before he died; she promised him she would assist Tyree Powell, his business partner and originator of NotYetPro. In addition to her role as COO of NotYetPro, Karema Akilah is the owner of GreeneHouse Publishing, The LOL Company and the Founder of The Genius School. A member of her beloved sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated, Karema Akilah has held prominent positions of leadership including president of a chapter.
She enjoys laughing with TheHalfDozen, learning, singing, traveling, doing impossible things and solving complex problems in the most imaginative way.